I got one of these bath mitts as a gift to use when giving my son a bath. I thought it was very cute and useful for bath time so I decided to make some myself. They are a very simple project and require very little fabric. I used pieces from my scrap pile to make these two bath mitts.
You will need non stretchy fabric for the front of the mitt and terrycloth for the back of the mitt and elastic (optional).
1. Use the template to cut one piece from terry cloth and one from your non stretchy fabric. You may wish to also cut a strip for embellishment as seen on my green polka dot mitt. You may make the mitt larger or smaller if desired.
2. If you are using a strip of embellishment fabric decide where on the mitt you would like it to go and pin it to the top of the fabric while slightly folding the top and bottom under to prevent fraying. Sew the top and bottom of the embellishment fabric.
3. Place the two fabric pieces (the patterned fabric and terrycloth) with right sides together. Sew around the mitt leaving the top unsewn.
4. Fold the top over about a half inch and sew making sure not to sew the mitt closed. If desired you may add elastic to the top band.
5. Turn inside out and use during bath time.