Saturday, August 27, 2011

Recipe Binder

I subscribe to several cooking magazines like to keep the recipes I want to make but don't want a stack of magazines lying around the house. My grandma bought me a recipe binder and I have found it to be a great way to keep and organize recipes I get from magazines and print off the Internet.


What you will need is a binder and plastic page protectors. Your binder can be a fancy as you like. I choose to buy the 1-2 inch binders so I can fit quite a few recipes without there being too many. I also buy the plain color plastic binders but I have seen some very cute binders too. You may also choose to decorate your binder yourself or buy a recipe binder kit like the one my grandma gave me.

You may also choose to include tabs to divide different sections of your binder. These tabs usually come with binder kits intended for recipes although I have found if you use page protectors the tabs are not wider than the recipes so they tend to be hard to find.

All you need to do is collect recipes and tear out pages from magazines with recipes you want to make. Place recipes back to back before putting them in the page protectors. Not only is it easier to slide the pages in this way but you will also have two recipes for every one page protector. If there are recipes on both sides of the page you only insert the one page. Then put the page protectors in the binder.



Your binder can be organized by breakfast, appetizer, main dish and desert or you can organize by type of ingredients or category.

Now that stack of loose recipes and magazines are organized into one neat binder.

I have already filled two binders and about to start on my third. I'd love to make each binder a different category and have breakfast in one, appetizers, soups, salads and deserts in a second and put all of the main dish recipes in the third binder. Maybe that will be a project for next summer. 

No comments: