Monday, August 1, 2011
Jungle Themed Growth Chart
Materials: One piece of wood, I used a piece sized 6 ft. tall X 9 in. wide, paint, 6 in. unfinished wood numbers, small painted wood animals I found at Jo Ann Fabrics in the wood craft section, tacky glue, and Velcro.
1. Primer then paint the wood
2. Paint the numbers. (You can save money by stenciling on the numbers instead of using wooden ones)
3. Measure and mark feet on chart, remember if you are not hanging the chart so that the bottom touches the floor make sure to measure how high the chart will be hung so you know where the one foot mark should go. As you can see in my picture I hung the chart a few inches off the floor and measured the one foot mark from the floor up.
4. Use tacky glue to glue numbers in place.
5. Use Velcro or tacky glue to attach animals. Stencils may also be used if you are unable to find wood figures.
6. Paint polka dots or another design for an accent color for the chart.
7. To hang the chart I screwed it into the wall and hid the screws by Velcroing the animal over the screw.
Total Cost: about $15